Re: "New" bug in sawfish-client

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:06:21 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Has no-one before seen that bug:
>
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Proposed_Goals#SawfishClient_error-messages

For those who haven't read the bugzilla: it says that when an error
occurs in sawfish-client, then the error message is sent to sawfish
WM stderr, and not in the terminal from which sawfish-client is run.

If you do as:
$ sawfish-client -e "(no-such-func)"
then it prints:
*** Remote sawfish error: (void-value no-such-func)

The WM output remains untouched.

There's one more thing you should know.
$ sawfish-client -e '(format standard-error "hello\n")'
'hello' is sent to WM's stderr, because -e make the form evaluated
by WM. OK.

$ sawfish-client
user> (format standard-error "hello\n")
Here, 'hello' is put to *stdout* of the shell. Hm, it's ok that
standard-out goes to shell's stdout, but standard-error should go to
shell's stderr, no?

sawfish-client is difficult for me to understand, so I ask someone
on this case.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)