Re: [README] looking for translators

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:38:38 +0200
schrieb "Mihai T. Lazarescu" <mtlagm gmail com>:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 05:57:27PM +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>
> > If you would like, but don't know how to translate, don't
> > be shy and ask away.
>
> I can handle Romanian and Italian.  What should I do?
>
> Mihai

Great! :D

I recommend using poedit. Install it and open the .po file you want to edit with it.
At first start it asks for your infos (name/mail-address) which is then being put in
the .po file after you made changes. Then go to Catalog -> Update from POT-file and
choose sawfish.pot (which is ready-to-go in the source-tree). You'll see untranslated and
fuzzy strings (fuzzy strings are strings, which might be correct or maybe not).

When you click on a string the lower part of the window will show two strings the upper
is the original (don't change) the lower is your translation, just type it in and save.

Once you've finished your translation mail it to the mailing-list for your language
(check mail.gnome.org, if gnome-ru or gnome-it exist, if not, use general gnome-i18n
list), the people there will review it and commit it. They also have a tool called
Damned-Lies, but I never used it, so feel free to ask them about it.

Thanks in advance,