Re: ChangeLog -> git log?

 Teika> Do we still need ChangeLog? Isn't it possible to make its role over
 Teika> git log?

 Teika> Currently, git / svn / cvs log items tend to be shorter than those of
 Teika> Changelog. But there's no reason to be so. We can put the full
 Teika> description in git log.

We went through this issue in a project I maintain. The finally solution
was to maintain 2 files: the manual one with per-file changes
(ChangeLog) and the automatic one with the commit logs (ChangeLog.svn).

I think each has its place.

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/