Re: My sawfishrc

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2009, 23:30 +1000 schrieb Allan Duncan:
>> On 29/09/09 05:53, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > dunno wether someone's interrested, but my .sawfishrc can be found here:
>> >
>> > http://www.nanolx.org/free/sawfishrc
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Chris
>>
>> My sawfishrc is much shorter, but I notice a usage difference:
>>
>> CB: ( define-special-variable viewport-dimensions '(1 . 1) )
>>
>> AD: (setq viewport-dimensions '(3 . 2))
>>

>> Any reason to go one way or the other here, as both appear to work?
>>

> Dunno the exact difference but if I remember correctly setq has a
> shorter lifetime than dsv, but for an rc this doesn't make a difference.
>
> I've uploaded rev9 of my sawfishrc:
>
> http://www.nanolx.org/free/sawfishrc
>
> overview of changes:
>
> - I've found a much shorter way using jump-or-exec than in it's example
> - Now using undo/rich-title/uptimes/jump-or-exec overall
> - Removed deprecated stuff from Window Snooper
> - Added jump-or-exec-class to jump-or-exec.jl
> 	° jump-or-exec matches against WM_NAME but sometimes
> 	° WM_CLASS is better, as some apps only have the name

Thanks! I downloaded your jump-or-exec-class. With it, i won't have to give emacs a strange name what i did before. Because when i were browsing a page with name "emacs" in iceweasel, it confused jump-or-exec which to switch to.

> 	° of the open file as WM_NAME (glade-3), others have
> 	° a different WM_NAME on different locales or versions,
> 	° a third group has a frequently changing WM_NAME
> 		^ somehow jump-or-exec-class doesn't work correctly
> 		^ it both focusses the open instance and creates
> 		^ a new one ... my someone get a look?
>
> Perhaps you'll get some inspiration,
> Chris

And, from your rc file, i learned how to use keymap-trans in window-matcher, never noticed before. Using it in urxvt, i can scroll page with C-v and M-v now ;)

Thank!

--
Regards,
Lei