Re: rep-gtk 0.18.6 on x86-64 doesn't create an RPM

Rodrigo Gallardo wrote:
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 08:10:39PM +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 05.05.2009, 14:01 +1000 schrieb Allan Duncan:
The bit that puzzles me is that it works for the /rep/ bits, but not for
the pkgconfig bits,
that rep bits are comming from rep.pc the questions is why libdir is
correctly detected on librep but not on rep-gtk.

Chris

Parts of that configuration are generated in the libtool script. Try to
check what arch is being reported to it and what settings for libdir
does it generate for that arch.

Have a look at
http://trivia.amd2345.fastmail.com.au/Sawfish/librep-0.17.4.tgz
http://trivia.amd2345.fastmail.com.au/Sawfish/rep-gtk-0.18.6.tgz

These are from the rpmbuild/BUILD so are what is actually used.
Note that there are files that are not in the repository and are
generated by applying
	aclocal
	autoconf
	automake --add-missing
	./configure

Only after doing this do I get the *.spec file for rpmbuild.

In librep the spec file has

    %build
    %configure --with-readline --enable-shared --disable-rpath --libexecdir=%{_libdir}
    make %{?_smp_mflags}

which gets _libdir from rpmbuilds defaults, and Makefile has

    libdir & libexecdir=/usr/lib64

For rep-gtk the spec file has

    %build
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make %{?_smp_mflags}

and Makefile has

    prefix=/usr
    exec_prefix=${prefix}
    libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

Somehow the rep part of the build ignores this latter libdir.