Re: Annoying mouse binding problem

+ Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi>:

> Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche math ntnu no> writes:
> > I have a four button trackball. The four buttons are 1, 2, 3, and 6,
> > after a trivial bit of xmodmap hackery. I have bound button 6 to move
> > and resize windows.
>
> Support for more than five buttons is somewhat broken.

I see.

> Does it work if you use a button in the range 1-5 instead of 6?

Trying that is kind of hard because I also has a mouse with a scroll
wheel attached, and that uses buttons 4 and 5 as is customary. I would
have to stop using the mouse (I have it only for the scroll wheel), or
reconfigure many applications to understand the scroll wheel at a
different location. And since the problem only comes up once in a
while, I might have to live with this odd setup for days in order to
find out.

> Do you by any chance use multiple keyboard layouts?

Not really, but I do have a nonstandard one that I set using xkbc
during session setup. (It has various parentheses on Alt-J, Alt-K and
Alt-L plus the shifted versions of same, and some other oddball
changes to the standard layout.) This works flawlessly as far as I can
tell. Could it have side effects, though?

- Harald