Re: Tabs

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:17:22 +0900 (JST), Teika Kazura wrote:
> And cycling functions. I believe that it's better to merge
> cycle-tabgroups to cycle-windows, and behavior is controlled by
> (defvar cycle-inside-tabgroup nil)
> This can be overrided temporarily with `let', so it is more flexible.

I withdraw it, after reading Fernando's reply. One problem is that I
only cared tab, but many elements are there, too.

The ideal, final solution would be one command, cycle-windows which
provides full configurations with many out-of-box options, for example:
'Cycle inside current tab -> cycle-among-tabs (For not-current tabs,
don't cycle inside tab)'. After all, they are commands that are directly
used by users. But also enough functions (notice the distinction
between command and function in sawfish) should be supplied to enable
customization by lisp.

For window choice, I realized that popup-window-list is convenient
too. Extension to this command is worth consideration. For example, it
seems to group windows by classes, but the optional classifications by
tab, group, etc, will be good.

'popup-window-list' is defined in wm/workspace.jl; should it be fixed?

# But we should keep the battle line to manageable size. What we need
# now is tab.

Teika (Teika kazura)