Re: sawfish: Window title lost with blank in windowlist menu

sounds right. Since sometime the english chinese mixed title show in right place,  something like
enclosed by [ ].

thanks for your attention.

2009/3/7 Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>
Hi, tanzhxin & all.

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:31:24 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Confirming Bug.
> Am Freitag, den 20.02.2009, 21:11 +0800 schrieb tanzhxin:
> > If a window title is encoding with a local encoding (except
> > utf-8), these title will lost as blank in [window menu->Windows].

In fact, the encoding does not matter. I'm Japanese, and from what I
observed, it happens if the title is long and truncated in windowlist
menu, and if the character at the cut off position, the first letter
not to be printed, is Japanese, so perhaps with cjk.

Cjk means Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. In the bitmap fixed-width,
like x terminals or emacs, they appear as double-width (1 cjk char is
2 alphabets width.) The same problem must happen with more complicated
scripts like Indian or Arabic.

To compare, the title in the frame, on top of the window is ok, even
if truncated, whichever the theme is. So this must be a sawfish bug,
not of rep-gtk.

I don't know if I can solve this problem. Anyway, I put it off for a
while. Anyone?

Thank you for reporting.
Teika (Teika kazura)