Re: Build librep error: autoheader: warning: missing template: XXXXXXXXX

Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Am Samstag, den 31.01.2009, 23:46 +1100 schrieb Allan Duncan:
Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:27:19PM +1100, Allan Duncan wrote:
I follow what you are saying in general, but I have a problem with what
I feed into "rpmbuild -ba librep.spec" ?
That and only that.  If this does not work that means that this spec
file is not correct, or complete, or whatever ...
But the only way to get that spec file is to partially run the autotools.

No. the specfile is beeing created by configure. so running ./configure
--prefix=/usr (or whatever flags you set) will create librep.spec -
absolutely no need for the autotools.

Chris

Yes, ./configure will create librep.spec, but configure doesn't exist
_until_ it is created by the autotools.

From a clean librep fileset (you have tried it starting with "rm -rf librep"?)
you need:
    aclocal
    autoconf
    libtoolize --force
    automake --add-missing
    ./configure
The tar file you feed to rpmbuild needs to include these generated/linked files
or rpmbuild chokes on missing files, even if it eventually adds them in, because
it tries running ./configure early on.

If you like I can provide the log files, at nearly 1400 lines I won't post them
here unless asked.