Re: patch to support xrandr events (including a hook)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<zanghar freenet de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:02:25 -0800
> schrieb D M German <dmg uvic ca>:
>

>> Hi Everybody, here is a patch to support xrandr screen change notity,
>> including a hook called randr-change-notify-hook. It is made against
>> the git repo:
>>

> screen-width/height update as appropriate, but the viewport size is
> strange after resizing to a smaller resolution. Screenshots attached
> (therefore edge-flip does only work left and up). Restarts solves it,
> but that's the same problem than before.
>
> Chris

Perhaps the solution is to do a (restart) in your hook :)

Now, seriously. When I was trying to get this code completed I
discovered that the configure-notify-hook
is called when the root window is resized (and any other window).

One way to catch the change of resolution in a hook is to compare the
parameter of the hook to
'root:

(defun dmg-rotate-hook (w)
  (if (equal w 'root)
      (dmg-after-rotate)
    )
  )

One thing I didn't do was to pass parameters to the hook. At this
point I am not sure what is important/needed.

--dmg

--
--dmg

---