[Preview] of possible upcoming changes ...

Hi all,

*is now* refers to my local git copy.

not telling to much, just saying what I have been working on:

first of all, do a `git -mv lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/xterm.jl
lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/user.jl' else the patch will not apply!

get the patch: `wget http://www.nanolx.org/other/current.diff'

Leave some comments. NOTE: the patch is not 100% clean, unneeded
changes, and such, but -of course- they'll be dropped before commit.

Of course low votes reject a change, but well "I don't like/need that"
is not a reason for rejection ;)

***1***

sawfish.wm.commands.xterm is now sawfish.wm.commands.user

What's new?

`browser': meta-command similar to `xterm' calling your prefered
browser, defaults to `www-browser'

additionally some snippets lying around the web, modified by me:

`some': well another macro, amazing how many brackets a that short
command can have :3 Also misses a description for now (haven't really
checked, as it's been used by another of the snippets). I guess it would
be better for `some' to reside in librep. Well this is a
"Sawfish-Love"-Bug for new contributers :)

`display-message-with-timeout': obviously a meta command around
display-message with automatically adds a timer

(display-message-with-timeout <string> <timeout>)

`program-available': checks wether `cmd' is available in $PATH, needs
`some', eg:

(if (program-available "exaile")
    (bind-keys global-keymap "M-F8" '(system "exaile &")))

`view-clipboard': simply display the current content of the X-Clipboard,
needs `display-message-with-timeout'

***2***

sawfish.wm.commands.move-resize

`resize-by-factor': meta function to resize window by a given factor

`double-window-size': double the window size, needs `resize-by-factor'

`halve-window-size': halve the window size, needs `resize-by-factor'

***3***

sawfish.wm.commands.grow-pack
sawfish.wm.commands.shrink-yank

group is no longer "Growing & Packing", but "Grow, Pack, Shrink & Yank"

shrink-yank options moved to grow-pack

example menus removed

export shrink-yank commands

***4***

sawfish.wm.autoload

some autoloads used (blah (quote blah2) (quote blah3)) format, some
(blah 'blah2 'blah3) format, now all use the later, not a functional
change, but I want things to be clean :P

several new autoload-commands added

***5***

sawfish.wm

changed user-level initialization position

***6***

sawfish.gtk.widget

Teikas patch for tooltip issue

***7***

Makefile.in
TODO
lisp/Makefile.in
lisp/sawfish/ui/WISHLIST
man/Makefile.in
src/Makefile.in

s/sawmill/sawfish/

***8***

sawfish.wm.ext.match-window

added `keymap-trans' window-matcher: transforms keystrokes, eg you press
A+F7 in a Nautilus window, but it receives F2 (or: how to force new
keybindings for apps which does not allow changing them! (also:
indepence day)):

(add-window-matcher 'WM_CLASS "^Nautilus/nautilus$"
  '(keymap-trans . (("A-F7" "F2"))))

cause of the (("" "")) quoting it can't be (yet) exposed in the UI

***9***

sawfish.wm.gaol

make `default-directory' safe-special

***10***

lisp.sawfish.wm.gnome.integration
lisp.sawfish.wm.gnome.menus

remove the later

remove and unused capplet variable (capplet is obsolete since GNOME 2.6
(or 2.8) and has therefore already been removed (an replaced by a
proper .desktop file)

another bit. for upcoming sawfish.wm.ext.fdo-menu (artist formerly known
as Matthew Love's mk-saw-menu)

***11***

sawfish.wm.menus

some re-structuring of the root- and window-menu

added grow-pack/shrink-yank to window-menu

(apps-menu) currently empty, until sawfish.wm.ext.fdo-menu is ready (it
will provide it then)

***12***

sawfish.wm.extras

`try-require': like require, but without erroring if script not
requirable. Of it's nature it's not working in module-format, so I
placed it into this bare file (sawfish.wm.defaults is not loaded on
every system). Just like for `some': another "Sawfish-Love"-Bug :)

***13***

sawfish.wm.user

load sawfish.wm.extras

if $HOME/.sawmillrc is found, but not $HOME/.sawfishrc, then rename it

***14***

sawfish.wm.windows

`get-window-by-class': find a window whichs class matches `class'

`get-window-by-class-re': find a window whichs class matches `class'
(regex version)

***15***

sawfish.wm.workspace

export send-to-workspace

possible bugfix from -mmc in a select-workspace-from-first call

***16***

po/*.po
po/POTFILES.in
po/Makefile.in