Re: GIT: how do I update my local copy?

Timo Korvola wrote:
Allan Duncan <amd2345 fastmail com au> writes:
I tried rtfm, but it is a bit terse and overwhelming.  A GSG might help.

Did you read gittutorial(7) and Everyday Git?

I started to and my eyes glazed over.  Elementary usage needs to be up front,
and as I found out, see elsewhere on this thread, the man pages are misleading.
Linus might know kernels, but not usage syntax standards.

I've come to the conclusion that git is for distributed multi-version development
and svn is for distribution with limited updating sources.