Re: new windows and Native-focus-transparency.jl

On Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 09:34AM, Helmut Eller wrote:
I thought I'd mess around with xcompmgr and
Native-focus-transparency.jl today and while it's working alright so
far, new windows (that don't receive focus) never get the
_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY property. Has anyone else been able to fix
this? Is there a window hook I could use?

You could try to add _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY to the list supported-atoms
in sawfish.wm.state.wm-spec.  If the property isn't listed there,
clients assume that Sawfish doesn't support it.

It's not that the opacity isn't working, it's that the script doesn't
have anything setup to handle new windows. I have window placement set
to under-pointer, so most windows do receive focus and lose it when I
mouse away, but for any applications that set their own position (like
gmplayer or audacious), they're completely opaque and do not "dim" until
I first cycle focus. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a window
hook I could use as the others I mentioned didn't work.

Thanks,

Mike