autogen.sh fails on RHEL 5.2

Hi,

I'm trying to get sawfish 1.3.4 installed from source in a RHEL 5.2 box. I have installed librep-0.17 and rep-gtk-0.18. For avoiding an .m4 error while installing librep I have renamed /usr/share (just temporarily during the librep compilation and installation) (rep-gtk requires patching for avoiding prototypes inconsistency).

For everything I'm using --prefix=~my-user-name/local

Now when I run autogen.sh in the sawfish directory I get the error shown below. Some reference in the web stated that for fixing this error one should install librep-dev, but this seems to be available only as an ubuntu package.

Is there something evidently wrong with my procedure?

thanks,
 Rodrigo

Running aclocal
aclocal:configure.in:148: warning: macro `AM_PATH_REP' not found in library
Running autoconf
configure.in:148: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_REP
      See the Autoconf documentation.