Re: patch testing howto

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> As I wrote in another post, I ask you to share your knowledge on
> patch testing. I've made a wiki page:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_testing_howto
> Please expand the list below, by answering in the email or
> by editing the wiki, whichever way you prefer.

I install an updated SVN version in a local dir on my home, and I
execute it in a Xephyr instance with a different user (the ~/.xsession
point the binary in my home).

If it's a C patch I reinstall it completely (make install), if it's a
Lisp patch, I simply modify the .jl files and restart Sawfish (if both
.jl and .jlc files are available, it will load the more recent of the
two).

--
Andrea