Re: Help creating patches (was Tabs bug...)

Am Donnerstag, den 07.08.2008, 20:25 +0200 schrieb Fernando:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> wrote:
Fernando said:     (by the date of Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:21:37 +0200)

> That's why I've written a patch with raise/lower hooks:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/After_raise/lower-window_hooks

This is great. Thanks. But I was unable to test it - it is neither
against 1.3.4-rc1 nor against trunk. I tried applying it by hand, but
I could not. Can you please fix this?

--
Janek Kozicki                                                         |

Ow.. I'm so sorry, I'm not used to this tools and this big projects. I'm getting a bit messy.. not sure how to organize my directories for writing/testing/using sawfish.

To make the diff I temporally move the files to another directory (I don't like to mess in the same directory), then make "diff -u sourcefile patchedfile" and then manually edit the paths in the diff...

However I've noticed that some patches written by other people have a much cleaner look and have several files in the same diff.
Could someone help me explaining me this?
Thanks so much

Do you're changes to the original files and run "svn diff", that will generate a clean patch

I love sawfish :P

me too. :)

--
Fernando