Re: Sawfish + Screenlets doesn't work

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Christopher Bratusek <nano-master gmx de> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I just tried out the screenlets
> (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Screenlets?content=78267)
>  while running Sawfish, but the screenlets are all decored by default but
> when using Metastasis ... err Metacity they are undecored, as they should
> be. The Author said, he uses the standard way for undecorating the
> screenlets ... hope someone finds out the problem.

I've other borderless application running, but yes, could be Sawfish
bug. Seems the property is set correctly (if I'm not wrong is the
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x2, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) and,
differently from other borderless application, is set
the_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR hint too, probably is this one that
override the noborder hint.

As a temporary hack, create a new "match windows" rule (Sawfish menu
-> Customize -> Matched Windows), use "^.*Screenlet\.py$" (without
quotes) as Name and select "Frame type" none under "Appearance", this
should remove decorations from all screenlets.

--
Andrea