Re: decisions about applying patches

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:37:38 +0200)

> I hope that you understand what I'm trying to describe. I hope that
> this method will work. And we could start making this [[Patches]]
> wiki page, by using your four patches mentioned above.

of course a patch that fixes a bug mentioned in one of those:

- http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ or
- http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sawfish
- http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=32

would link to it on its wiki page. I see some advantages in using
wiki for managing patch queue like that:

1.
- bugzilla requires sending emails to comment about a patch

+ wiki is quick and easy to edit

2.
- bugzilla has not only patches but also an overhelming amount of
  bugreports collected (we will have to slowly dig though them)

+ wiki [[Patches]] will only collect information about submitted
  patches, without bugreports (article about a patch will link to
  bugzilla if it fixes some reported bug).

honestly I like this solution, also because it will allow to have all
patches handily collected in one place and will allow to distinguish
between current interest and forgotten stuff (which still fills the
bugzilla - we will dig through it slowly).... Because what we really
want here are patches, not bugreports.

Hmm.. I think I will create sth. like this wikipage so you get the
picture what I mean... But I need some "content" to fill it with.

Michal can you please send those 4 patches here to the list, along
with some comment? You have them at hand, while on the other hand I'd
need to dig in the archives to find them - so you can provide them
faster than me :)

thanks in advance for all your involvement in this project :)