Help with a window behavior (Gentoo, sawfish + Gnome)

I need help with setting up this behavior..

I'd like to embed a VNC session into a workspace. All multimeidia keys and
workspace switching keys should be handled by GNOME/Sawfish. But all other
keys should be passed directly to the VNC session.

If i launch vncviewer (RealVnc) in fullscreen mode, then all keys including
multimeida and workspace keys are passed to the vnc.

I appreciate any tips on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,