Re: yes/no dialog

> It happens that I accidentally click the Quit item on the main menu.
> Therefore I like to  change that item by adding a dialog which displays:
> Do you really want to quit Sawfish? and offering a Yes/No choice.
>
> Could anybody tell me how I can create such a dialog?

My solution is to have a couple of sub-menus that need to be executed
before you can log out.  Hitting the quit menu is harmless; you have
to do a couple of very careful submenu selections to exit successfully.

(setq root-menu
      '(("Windows" . window-menu)
	("Programs" . apps-menu)
	("Quick Connections" . quick-connections-menu)
	("Connections" . connections-menu)
	()
	("Workspaces" . workspace-menu)
	("Customize" . custom-menu)
	("_Help"
	 ("_FAQ..." help:show-faq)
	 ("_News..." help:show-news)
	 ("_WWW page..." help:show-homepage)
	 ("_Manual..." help:show-programmer-manual)
	 ("_About Sawfish..." help:about))
	()
	("Restart" restart)
	("Quit" . quit-menu)
	))

(defvar quit-menu
  '(
    ("DON'T DO THIS!")
    ("YOU WILL ABORT A LONG JOB!")
    ()
    ("Exit even though I really shouldn't"
     ("Exit and annoy Geoff.")
     ("Don't be surprised if Geoff gets angry about this.")
     ()
     ("Okay, I'll take the blame -- log him out" quit)))
  )

(define (popup-quit-menu)
  "Display the quit menu."
  (popup-menu quit-menu))
(define-command 'popup-quit-menu popup-quit-menu)

--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff cs hmc edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

McDonald's, which does not wait on your table, does not cook your food
to order, and does not clear your table, came up with the slogan ``We
Do It All For You.''
	-- Dave Barry