Re: yes/no dialog

Thanks for your reply.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:11:52 +0530, Sridhar Ratna wrote:

> On 10/22/06, Manfred Lotz <manfred lotz arcor de> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> It happens that I accidentally click the Quit item on the main menu.
>> Therefore I like to  change that item by adding a dialog which displays:
>> Do you really want to quit Sawfish? and offering a Yes/No choice.
>>
>> Could anybody tell me how I can create such a dialog?
>>

> You can override the menu definitions. Read about it here,
> http://home.blarg.net/~sand/sawfish/v0.11/sawfish/Popup-Menus.html

However, I didn't find how to override the root-menu or to replace the
root menu with my own root menu.

> For the dialog logic, you can use Xdialog or even better zenity,
> http://directory.fsf.org/zenity.html

The problem with zenity is that I don't know how to hand over the
zenity return code to sawfish.

E.g. when calling (system "zenity --warning&") I want
to quit Sawfish if I clicked Ok and I want to cancel quit if I clicked
Cancel. How can I get returncodes 0 or 1 into Sawfish?

--
Manfred