Re: Run command

Hey Vlad.,

On 4/8/06, sawfish-list-request gnome org
<sawfish-list-request gnome org> wrote:
>    3. Run command (Vladimir Zolotykh)
> Could someone please give me a clue how to implement something
> like "Run Command" ?

I'm using the little bit that Jason sent out a week ago or so:

;; from sawfish mailing list by jason haslup <jason+sawfish haslup com>
(require 'sawfish.wm.util.prompt)

(defvar jh-exec-history (list)
  "List of previously executed items.")

(defun jh-prompt-for-exec ()
  (let ((e (prompt-from-list jh-exec-history "Execute: " nil t)))
    (delete e jh-exec-history)
    (when (and e (not (string= "" e)))
      (setq jh-exec-history (append (list e) jh-exec-history))
      (system (concat e "&")))))

;; added a command definition for gui access (core)
(define-command 'run-command jh-prompt-for-exec
  #:doc "Prompts the user (graphically) for a command to run and provides
        an execution history")

The last bit just added it to the GUI.  Also Merlin has a library with
similar code that I've been thinking of integrating. It basically
implements a display-message where you can also set the fore- and
back-ground colors, font, etc..

http://merlin.org/sawfish/

peace,
core