Re: Basic XRandR support

On Jun 26, 2005, at 3:24 PM, Philip Langdale wrote:

The attached patch adds basic xrandr support based on how metacity
handles screen size change events.

Thanks, I committed your patch with a couple of minor changes

Readers will notice that I've added the configure-notify-hook for all
windows when it didn't exist at all before. Perhaps John has a specific reason for this, and if so, we can narrow down the hook so that it only
applies to the root window (possible performance reasons?)

As far as I remember, there's no way to add a hook only to the root window (you can add a hook only to one of the top-level windows just by putting it in the window's property list). I doubt that the root window receives many configure requests, so performance probably isn't an issue..

    John