Sawfish, not freedesktop.org compliant?

I'm asking because I'm trying to use gdesklets with it and the position of the desklets isn't being saved. The positions are stored correctly and the write numbers are in there -- but the desklets just don't get moved. I did some searching on the gnome forums and it sounds like most problems of this type are caused by the wm not being compliant with the freedesktop.org standards. Would this be easy to patch or am I missing a config option or something?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with C to try and fix this myself :/ I could kludge it in with some lisp but that will get extremely annoying as I add desklets.