Re: latest cvs can't find sawfish.wm.util.x during make

Hi,

dapfy t-online de (Daniel Pfeiffer) skribis:

> I've just installed SuSE 9.1, which no longer includes sawfish.  So (hoping
> fervently that viewports still work) I've compile the current librep and
> rep-gtk from gnome cvs.  Sawfish (after autogen.sh && configure) has
> problems:
>
> set -e; for d in sawfish/wm; do \
>   SAWFISHLISPDIR=. SAWFISHEXECDIR=../src/.libexec SAWFISHDOCFILE=../DOC
> ../src/sawfish --batch --no-rc compiler -f compile-lib-batch $d; \
> done
> (compiling sawfish/wm/placement/stagger.jl)
> (compiling sawfish/wm/user.jl)
> sawfish/wm/user.jl:66: In function `safe-load':
> sawfish/wm/user.jl:66: warning: calling undeclared function
> `error-handler-function'
> (compiling sawfish/wm/commands/x-cycle.jl)
> error--> (file-error "No such file or directory" "sawfish/wm/util/x")

strace is my friend.  I found out that sawfish, and later rep, were looking
for .la files within my build tree, but in the wrong places.  The following
two commands (after mkdir in the first case) gave them what they were
looking for:

src/.lib/libsawfish/wm$ ln -s ../../../.libs util
src/.libexec$ ln -s ../.libs libsawfish

Another point: The build produces lots of messages like:

s.jl:60: In function `layout-keymaps':
s.jl:60: warning: calling undeclared function `slot-name'
s.jl:88: At top-level:
s.jl:88: warning: calling undeclared function `define-layout-type'

The new CVS GNU Emacs compile command (by yours truly :-) recognizes the
warning lines, makes them orange, and gives you a chance to skip them when
looking for the next error.  But the other two lines, are red and considered
errors.  If the info: keyword were added, as follows, the introductory lines
would instead be green, and skipped by default:

s.jl:60: info: In function `layout-keymaps':
s.jl:60: warning: calling undeclared function `slot-name'
s.jl:88: info: At top-level:
s.jl:88: warning: calling undeclared function `define-layout-type'

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/