multibyte chars in window titles

I'm running sawfish 1.3+cvs20040617 (Debian's unstable package).

Sawfish has never supported multibyte characters in window titles, but in
the past it used to display them as hexcodes, such as \x{43af}.  Now
sawfish doesn't update the title at all when presnted with wide
characters.

My question is simple.  Are multibyte character ever going to be supported
in sawfish, and if so when?  I ask, only because it seems like sawfish
development has stalled.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Koren                     I bought her champaign.  I opened it.
jkoren cs siu edu                  What does a guy have to do to make a girl