Re: Help switching from scwm

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:33:28 -0500, Harvey J. Stein <hjstein bloomberg com> wrote:

I'm trying to switch from scwm to sawfish.  I've managed to port some
of my window management stuff to sawfish, but there's one thing that I
can't seem to find.  I have code for automating and testing
applications that I wrote in scwm using its ability to send synthetic
events to applications (using the send-key-press function).  The
closest thing I've found in sawfish is proxy-current-event to resend
the current event to a specific window.  So, is there an equivalent
that would send a specific event to a specific window (i.e. - a
proxy-event instead of a proxy-current event)?

Yes, you probably want synthesize-event.

It's in the sawfish Programming Manual under Events -> Synthetic Events.

http://www.blarg.net/~sand/sawfish/v0.9/sawfish/Synthetic-Events.html#Synthetic%20Events

	-Eric