how to hide windows permanently on startup

Hi,

2 problems:

  How do I start a programm hidden? Sadly the 'Matched Windows'-Tab
  in the sawfish-ui has no option for this.

  Although I hide a window with the hide-window-function, the window
  becomes visible if I change back to the workspace where the window
  was created.

I thought about starting the windows iconified but unfortunately my
target-windows (gkrellm and the sawfish-pager) don't allow this.

Thank you.