Re: compile & runtime problems on Solaris

On Oct 28, 2003, at 4:30 PM, Dan Debertin wrote:
error--> (error "ld.so.1: ../src/sawfish: fatal: relocation error: file ../src/.libexec/sawfish/wm/util/x.so: symbol dpy: referenced symbol not found")

This I later found was because Solaris wants PIC. Adding -fPIC to CFLAGS got me through the compilation.

libtool should take care of this for you - it may be worth finding a newer version of libtool and running "libtoolize -f" in the sawfish source directory, then reconfiguring and recompiling

	John