Multiple bits of text in one frame part

I'm playing around with a sawfish theme, and I'm trying to simulate a
"drop-shadow" effect in the title. I was going to do this by rendering
the title twice: once in black, and then again in white, but offset by a
few pixels. AFAICT, each frame part only allows one string of text
though. I tried making two overlsappng frame parts, one with no
background, but that didn't seem to work. Is what I'm trying to do
impossible?

--
  C. Laurence Gonsalves
  clgonsal alumni uwaterloo ca