Edge-flip problems

Hi, I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if this question has been asked
before.

I've been having some problems getting edge flipping to work since I upgraded to
a newer version of sawfish.

Here's what I've done so far:

Installed Knoppix (Debian based).

apt-get install gdm sawfish-gnome.

selected sawfish as my window manager and configured it to use multiple workspaces.

copied, unzipped and renamed /usr/share/doc/sawfish/OPTIONS.gz to ~/.sawfishrc

Uncommented these lines in ~/.sawfishrc :

  (require 'sawfish.wm.ext.edge-flip)

  (define-special-variable edge-flip-enabled nil
    "Select the next desktop when the pointer hits screen edge.")

  (define-special-variable edge-flip-type 'workspace
    "Control what hitting the screen edge selects, workspace or viewport.")

  (define-special-variable edge-flip-delay 250
    "Milliseconds to delay before edge flipping.")

Then, I found that I couldn' find a file called anything like 'edge-flip'
anywhere on my system. Did apt-get install sawfish-(something) and now, 'locate
edge-flip' gives

/usr/share/sawfish/1.3/lisp/edge-flip.jl
/usr/share/sawfish/1.3/lisp/edge-flip.jlc
/usr/share/sawfish/1.3/lisp/sawfish/wm/ext/edge-flip.jl
/usr/share/sawfish/1.3/lisp/sawfish/wm/ext/edge-flip.jlc

However, nothing happens when the pointer hits the edge of the screen.

Any help, hints and suggestions welcome.

And merry christmas.

Silas Johansen