Re: Patch: installation directory for repexec files in Makefile

On Thursday 11 December 2003 03:33, John Harper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dec 9, 2003, at 8:37 AM, Hisham Muhammad wrote:
> > The attached patch adds a "installrepexecdir" variable to src/Makefile
> > and
> > replaces all references to "repexecdir" in the installation targets
> > with it.
> > "installrepexecdir" is set to the same value of "repexecdir", so there
> > is no
> > functionality change in the default setup.
>
> Thanks for the patch. But I don't see why this is useful - these are
> the only three instances of repexecdir in the sawfish make files, so
> couldn't you just redefine repexecdir when invoking make? I must have
> missed something?

Actually, yes. I tried redefining repexecdir first, but as it turns out,
repexecdir can't be redefined when invoking make because Makedefs is
included, and that file expects repexecdir to contain the default value. The
makefiles from rep-gtk are arranged similarly, so they have an additional
variable to be used by the install targets for this same reason.

--
Hisham Muhammad
"...and this is the first step."