Re: Anti-aliased text?

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 05:08:21PM -0700, John Harper wrote:
> Sawfish has supported anti-aliased text rendering since version 1.2,
> you may need to run "sawfish-ui --group=appearance" and select a
> different font,

I can't seem to get this to work. I've tried selecting a few fonts which
I know other apps are able to render anti-aliased (like the Bitstream
Vera fonts, Verdana, and various other True Type fonts) and they're
never anit-aliased in the title bars.

A friend of mine suggested changing the value of default-font in
.sawfish/custom by hand. eg:

  (custom-set-typed-variable
    (quote default-font)
    (quote ("xlfd" . "-*-Verdana-bold-*-*-*-9-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"))
    (quote font))

becomes

  (custom-set-typed-variable
    (quote default-font)
    (quote ("xft" .  "Verdana-9:Bold"))
    (quote font))

Note that this is the *same* font. After making this change (and
restarting sawfish) the window titles are antialiased. If I change the
font in sawfish-ui they become aliased again. (and changing it back to
the same font doesn't help)

Is there some other switch that can tell sawfish-ui to use "xft" rather
than "xlfd"?