[sabayon] Issue with lockdown editor?

Trying to remove the notification area or nm-applet (students keep disabling networking)...

When I launch the lockdown editor, it will not allow me to check or uncheck disabled applets.  It will highlight my selection but will not change the state of the checkbox.  Any thoughts?  Possible errors on my part?

Running ubuntu 10.04 lts with sabayon 2.29.5-0ubuntu1

Or perhaps there's a better way to do this?  I'm open to options.

We have so far about 180 linux desktops with another 80 or so to be deployed this summer...  Sabayon has been a godsend for system stability...

--

Jefferson K Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager