[sabayon] Sabayon 2.20.1 under Ubuntu

Hi all, first post, etc. Thanks to Federico for helping me on IRC. Here is
what I've done so far:

Ubuntu 7.04, all updates applied.
uname -a
Linux ubuntuadmin-desktop 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Sun Sep 23 19:50:39 UTC
2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Downloaded Sabayon 2.20.1

I added these packages to get Sabayon to compile. There could be a few I
didn't need, but this is what was installed:

python-dev
python-gamin
libgamin-dev
libc6-dev
linux-libc-dev
pygobject-dev
gob2
g++-4.1
libstdc++6-4.1-dev
python-gnome2-desktop-dev (plus it had many deps that it installed, I did
not write them all down).
xnest
python-ldap
gettext (gettext-base was already installed, but compile failed until i
added gettext)

This process was not very scientific, when any of the compiling failed, i
searched/added until it did not fail.

After it compiled without error, I added a Sabayon user.

I could start Sabayon, assign a user and edit a profile, but upon saving
it, it would crash. When trying to re-edit that same profile, it would
crash again. When working with Federico via IRC, I could edit and save a
profile, and it seemed like the problem was a question of if sabayon-apply
was taking place. This is a fresh VMware/Ubuntu install.

I am attaching a few of the logs it generated. One thing that seems in
common with them:

TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

thx,
Scott S.
(See attached file: sabayon-debug-log.tar)