Re: [sabayon] Need help with edubuntu LTSP and sabayon

On Tue, 2007-12-06 at 23:41 -0500, Jason Smith wrote:
> OK guys, I know I have some noob questions, but I really need some
> help.  I have Edubuntu 7.04 installed and the MueKow LTSP is working
> fine.  I have installed Sabayon and created a user profile that I want
> to use for general users.  I select the user I want to apply it to.
> So far, so good... but nothing is changed for the users I select.  I
> tried to read the documentation on the project website, but I'm not
> sure it matches the version I have installed.  Also, since I am doing
> LTSP, I have 2 sets of home directories.  The first is at /home and
> the second is chroot'ed underneath /opt/ltsp/i386 (so
> it's /opt/ltsp/i386/home).
>
> I welcome any help you guys could provide.  The project looks like a
> great idea, it's just not working for me.  I know there's something
> I'm leaving out if you could just point me in the right direction.

Hi Jason,

You need to make sure the sabayon-apply program is run at the beginning
of a user's session. The Ubuntu package should have a script called
"/etc/X11/Xsession.d/60sabayon_apply" which does this automatically, but
perhaps this has been broken recently.

Hope this helps,
--
William Lachance <wrlach gmail com>