Re: [sabayon] Profile Not Saving

Hi you sent the mail to a wrong list.
This list is for Sabayon the gnome profiles editor.

Rgds
Saxa

On 7/26/07, Simon Mark Holland <simonmarkholland gmail com> wrote:
I hope someone can help, I have installed Sabayon on several machines and
its works perfectly.  However the last computer I installed on, Sabayon does
not save the Gnome GUI changes.  I click save, it appears to save, but when
I reload the profile it is the a vanilla gnome setup.

When I goto the individual profile and select details I note that it has
successfully created the .gnome .gnome2 etc etc, folders.  However changes
made to the desktop background and panels are lost.
These are some of the errors I receive, although they appear on working and
none working systems, and only appear on the command line, I get no error
dialog box's even when saving.

> ALSA lib conf.c:3500:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such device
> ALSA lib conf.c:3968:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such device
> ALSA lib pcm.c:2145:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
> ALSA lib confmisc.c:670:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
> ALSA lib conf.c:3500:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver
returned error: No such device
> ALSA lib confmisc.c:391:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
> ALSA lib conf.c:3500:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such device
> ALSA lib confmisc.c:1070:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
>
> ** (nm-applet:7516): WARNING **: <WARNING>       nma_dbus_init ():
nma_dbus_init() could not acquire its service.  dbus_bus_acquire_service()
says: 'Connection ": 1.233" is not allowed to own the service
"org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo" due to security
policies in the configuration file'

I am running Sabayon 2.18.1 on Ubuntu Feisty, and have even tried formatting
my system and reinstalling.  My working machines run the same software,
could it be a rogue hardware driver causing problems?

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate any help.

Simon
--
SimonMarkHolland Gmail com
Chandra Kusuma School,