Re: [sabayon] Applying profiles to members of a group

On 1/19/07, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 12:19 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I attached the first iteration of a small script that applies a
> profile to the members of a given group.
> You can run it like
>
> sabayon4grps.py <groupname> <profilename>
>
> I've also pasted the code into http://live.gnome.org/PythonSabayon

In general, it seems to make more sense to do things like this at login.
I.E. look at what groups the user is in and how they map to a profile,
then apply that profile. This way you don't have to rerun some script
each time group membership changes.

Agreed. But in that case it would be necessary to extend the users.xml
file to support groups as well. I have put some of my thoughts in
http://bugs.gnome.org/344272

You can do this with the sabayon ldap support even. There is an example
at:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/ldap.html

Yeah - I'm looking into that. Will need to implement a LDAP setup in
my system to do testing though :-)

Cheers,
-sdg-

--