Re: [sabayon] Re Firefox bookmarks loop

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 00:28 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I've been working on bug #357021 for a few days now. So far, it's been
> pretty challenging, but I think I'm getting pretty close. Right now I'm
> kinda stuck - lib/sources/mozillasource.py generates the file
> sabayon-bookmarks.html incorrectly. So I'm trying to take one of the
> profile zips, decompress it, fix sabayon-bookmarks.html, then re-zip it
> and put it in place.
>
> However, this new version of sabayon-bookmarks.html from the modified
> zip archive is not copied into ~/.mozilla/firefox, like it normally
> would be, and it's not merged into
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/bookmarks.html
>
> How critical are the timestamps on all the files? Will Sabayon give up
> if it sees conflicting times? (I've been setting the mtime of
> sabayon-bookmarks.html back to what it was before the edit, anyhow).

I don't think we look at mtime at all in sabayon. Is mtime even stored
in the zip file?

> The only other difference between the archives is that the ones I create
> (with the "zip" command) are considered "Zip archive data, at least v1.0
> to extract" by the "file" command (whereas the ones created by Sabayon
> are "v2.0 to extract", and significantly larger).
>
> Is there anything that I'm missing in the process?

I can't think of anything offhand, but I haven't looked at sabayon in a
while.

Also, I'd like to say I'm sorry for the lack of feedback on this issue.
I'm a bit busy with other stuff, and not a lot of people are involved in
sabayon development right now.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed misogynist hairdresser plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a ditzy out-of-work barmaid in the witness protection
program. They fight crime!