[sabayon] Simple yet urgent question.

Sabayon Development Team;

My name is Houssam Barakat and I work for the University of Toledo's Computer and Science & Engineering Department.
We are doing some major changes to our Solaris systems and a request came in from my boss that certain Desktop shortcuts should be made mandatory on all our Solaris 10 boxes that our students login to with their NFS accounts, keep in mind that those Solaris boxes run GNOME Java Desktop Environment (JDS).

I have this simple question, on my Red Hat / Fedora Core machines I simply use Sabayon and I just place those shortcuts / .desktop icons on the Desktop and configure Sabayon to make it mandatory to the users that I need them to have.

However, on the Solaris machines I don't have the legacy of using Sabayon (Couldn't manage to install it properly) so all I need to know is how do I put .desktop shortcuts on a user's desktop without just copying the shortcuts to their $USER/Desktop/ folder ( as I am not allowed to just do that according to my boss's desire).

There must be someway through Gconf to do this ( or any other way) however I just can't find out how!
I would appreciate it a lot if I am able to get this issue resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Houssam Barakat
The University of Toledo