Re: [sabayon] Running sabayon-apply at login

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:47:55PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
> 	So, I think these are our options
>
>   1) Install a script which runs sabayon-apply as
>      /etc/X11/gdm/Postsession/:0
[...]
>   2) Document that you need to add /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply
>      to /etc/X11/gdm/Postsession/Default in order for profiles to get
>      applied.
[...]
>   3) Add a PAM module which would run sabayon-apply.
[...]
> 	I think we should just go with (2) for now and look into adding a hook
> to the default GDM scripts for us. Although I'm not totally convinced
> yet that (3) is a terrible idea.

  shouldn't the hook be put in gconfd somehow ? we don't depend on gdm
but we depend on gconf, and IIRC a per user gconfd is started in each
session, right ?
  What I like in 3/ is that it will still work in non-standard environment
it's the closest to Unix semantic.

Daniel