Re: Webcam live streaming on a DLNA TV?

Le 04/02/2019 à 11:34, Jens Georg a écrit :
I thought that Mpeg-TS belonged to DLNA standards.
What's wrong? What is the right way to do this (if any)?

That is more complex. It also depends on what is in the TS and if the
device is strict,

I probably can instruct Gstreamer to (re)encode video in an appropriate
format

it will not show anything without a DLNA profile.
Rygel cannot detect those here so you have to specify them manually:

webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO
webcam-mime=video/mpeg

You might need to specify a different profile depending on the
resolution/bitrate/fps - or might get away with the basic one.

I tested several profile names according to what i read in
/usr/share/gupnp-dlna-2.0/dlna-profiles/*.xml (without a clear
understanding of what does those profiles refers to ;( )

webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO
webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO
webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_ISO
webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG1
webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_PS_PAL
webcam-dlnaprofile=MPEG_PS_NTSC

unfortunately without success (not a big surprise ;) )

I get this error message:
(rygel:14797): MediaEngine-GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 16:59:42.042: Error
from pipeline RygelGstDataSource: gstbasesrc.c(3055): gst_base_src_loop
(): /GstPipeline:RygelGstDataSource/GstBin:bin1/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src1:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Does this means that gstreamer is expecting some kind of "negotiation"
from the TV? or Rygel?

Best regards
Christophe