Re: Serving static files via GstLaunch ?

On Mo, 2016-01-18 at 20:05 -0700, linux guy wrote:
I'll test this when I get a chance and report back.

Off the top of your head, can you think of any reason the file meta data in the UPNP info provided to the client would be different between the two methods ? (media engine versus gstlaunch)   What should I sent the gstlaunch mime type to so that it is equal to when the file (mkv or ts) is served by the media engine ?

The content-type is (usually) equivalent to what gvfs-info will return you. For matroska, that's video/x-matroska.

For TS it's a bit more complicated, as it depends on the content. I will have a Samsung TV available on the weekend to test this use-case.