Re: subtitle search support in Kodi

Hi,

Somewhen after 0.25.1 the naming handling of files was changed which
resulted in alterations in the URI generation.

Previously the "file name" portion of the primary URI was unique (md5
hash of on-disk URI), now it's the same (as you noticed) but the ID is
still in the path.

I can check how that affects Kodi later, maybe it needs unique
filenames to properly associate subtitles. I suspect the plugin only
takes filenames into account and not the whole path.

Hi,

I'm serving my video files on rygel (0.29.1) and viewing them on Kodi
(ouya install)
Kodi has subtitles support (downloads subtitles from
opensubtitles.org,
etc.) -- this feature used to work when I used an older rygel version
(0.25.0, I think)

I can't seem to build 0.25.0 on upgraded Fedora 23, unfortunately, so
can't be 100% sure if this is a rygel bug...

What I've noticed was that the subtitle plugin used to search for
some
sort of hash (possibly md5 of the video file?), but how just says
"primary_http.mp4" -- and this can't be mapped to a subtitles file.

Is this fixable?