Re: Question about rygel transcoding ogg

Am 2015-09-01 16:51, schrieb WR:
Am Dienstag, den 01.09.2015, 13:04 +0200 schrieb Jens Georg:

> I have switched on transcoding,
> switched on transcoder to all (default) and (second try) only to mp3.
> switched off tracker, but switched on MediaExport.
>
> No error at rygel logging (but only missing users rygel.conf (have a
> global one)

You can improve the logging by using export GST_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all and
run rygel with -g 5 cmmandline parameter. This will switch on debugging
output.

> Result on technisat is: I can see the files, but they are marked as not
> playable. The TV doesnt tell me anything about the format (with
> mp3.file
> it does).

> (funny thing is: if I rename the .ogg to mp3 the file is marked as
> playable, but it still doesn't plays it.)
>
> Maybe there is something wrong with my gstreamer installation
> (installed
> all plugins as recommended and added the both launchpad repos, as
> recommended in rygel launchpad repos)

This sounds a bit as if the Technisat is one of the devices that only
pays attention to the first resource it can find.
If you can provide me the User-Agent, I can try to add it to the hacks
that are needed for those devices. User-Agent should be printed when
using the debug output.

> How can I test, if ogg decoding works?

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/path/to/file.ogg ! decodebin2 !
fakesink

Sorry, that's just decodebin - I'm in 0.10 land currently so I mixed things up :)

> Can I test something else (for instance with a dlna client on my
> laptop).

You can just download the MP3 uri. To do this, use gupnp-av-cp from
gupnp-tools, navigate to an audio file, right-click, use Show DIDL-Lite
and find the URL ending with /tr/MP3.mp3. You should be able to feed
this to mplayer e.g.

Thank you a lot, Jens,
I'll try this all tomorrow. And post the results.

Wolfgang