Re: How to use the rygel upload service?

Hi,

Does it work if you use -c "DLNA_ORG.AnyContainer"? The gupnp-
upload is
a bit stupid and only searches the first level of containers for a
container with a suitable upload-class.

-c "DLNA_ORG.AnyContainer" will ask the server to find one.

No, sorry.

Oh, sorry. I always mix that up. It's DLNA.ORG_AnyContainer.

   $ rygel -d Playbin
   Rygel-Message: rygel-acl.vala:143: No ACL fallback policy found.
Using "allow"
   Rygel-Message: Rygel v0.28.1 starting?
   RygelCore-Message: New plugin 'MediaExport' available
   Rygel-Tracker-Message: rygel-tracker-item-factory.vala:68: Using
/home/clohr as upload directory for object.item.audioItem.musicTrack
   Rygel-Tracker-Message: rygel-tracker-item-factory.vala:68: Using
/home/clohr as upload directory for object.item.videoItem
   Rygel-Tracker-Message: rygel-tracker-item-factory.vala:68: Using
/home/clohr as upload directory for object.item.imageItem.photo
   RygelCore-Message: New plugin 'Tracker' available
   MediaExport-Message: rygel-media-export-plugin.vala:90:
Deactivating
plugin 'MediaExport' in favor of plugin 'Tracker'

This means you're exporting the contents of tracker instead of having
Rygel search for files by itself.

Sorry, I may miss some knowledge...
Could you please elaborate a bit? Thanks!

We have several ways to get meta-data for your local media files.
 - MediaExport is where we walk the filesystem ourselves and find out
what we can
 - Tracker is where we use the contents of the tracker semantic storage
to find out what we need.

You are currently using tracker because both are enabled on your system
and tracker is available. Then we deactivate MediaExport because it is
somewhat redundant.