Video fast forward

The downloaded video is stored on my main desktop computer.  I am accessing the film over the internal network using a Fox  Humax DVR to access the computer via my computer's  router. The video does play on the TV via the Humax but will only fast forward up to 4*, anything more and nothing happens.  This is something that works properly on recorded TV programs stored on the HD of the Humax.

I am wondering what to change so that I can FF at a speed faster than 4. Is there a cache that rygel sets up when pulling   a video from another machine? If so, can the cache  be made larger?