Re: Rygel removes media file unexpectedly

Hi,

Hi Konstantin,

To my surprise I can actually reproduce this.
Rygel.MediaExport.WritableDbContainer.remove_child() gets called and
it just goes and deletes the file. This does not happen if a file is
only removed (and nothing is copied), but it does so fairly
consistently (close to 100% for me) if you do rm-then-cp as Konstantin
says.

I suppose this goes away (or gets more difficult) if you set monitor-grace-timeout to 0 in MediaExport?

I'm not familiar with this part of the code so I'm not sure if
remove_child() should not be called or if it should not just do
that... Jens?

Probably it should call remove_child_tracked because the file monitor already knows that the file is gone on-disk (I have not checked whether that in turn would call remove_child). The Functionality was added for the UPnP destroy call.