Re: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2013-June/msg03999.html

Hi,

the commit in subject is not about handling or parsing m3u playlists inside rygel.

This causes each container to be "transcoded" into a m3u-compatible playlist which
can be used in non-UPnP software or UPnP-only devices.

Hello,

I am writing regarding adding m3u's to rygel server. I'm running Arch
Linux OS, and using rygel to send music etc to a Yamaha RX-V675
receiver - works great only it doesn't send the playlist folder. I am
very new to Linux (well a couple years but very slow to learning
programming). So the link in the subject: is the script something than
can be copied into an existing rygel file? or edited? or example of
how it should be edited?

Can it be edited using gedit?

Maybe its too far over my head to do this and risk crashing server?

 What i like is that although the Yamaha thinks Rygel is an "Unknown
Server" even though i edited the /etc/rygel.conf to give a name, it

See if you can find a user-agent (should be visible when running rygel
with debug[1]) and add it to the "force-downgrade-for" line in rygel.conf
and see whether that helps.

plays all the music sent to it whereas MINIDLNA doesn't. MINIDLNA
sends everything including playlists, but most of them don't render
and i haven't figured out the difference between which ones render to
the Yamaha and which ones don't yet, so most of the music and
playlists wont play on the Yamaha via MINIDLNA even though the Yamaha
sees them. The same files (except no playlists appear) play without
issue on the Yamaha via Rygel.

Probably because we do transcoding.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Rygel/FAQ#How_do_I_enable_debug_output.3F