Re: rygel & LG Smartshare: does not transcode ogg vorbis

On 1 January 2014 22:33, Frederik Himpe <fhimpe telenet be> wrote:
Now I had some wild idea, could it be that LG decides it does not support
the file just based on its file extension?

So I renamed the ogg vorbis file to have .mp3 as file extension instead
of .ogg, and now the television plays back the file without any problem!

Oh yes, the file really is an ogg vorbis file:
$ file /mnt/storage/test/1-01.\ Safe\ From\ Harm.mp3
/mnt/storage/test/1-01. Safe From Harm.mp3: Ogg data, Vorbis audio,
stereo, 44100 Hz, ~128000 bps

It might not be related to the extension: MediaExport is now lying  to
the LG device (claiming "audio/mpeg") -- I guess this passes their
mime sanity check unlike "audio/x-vorbis+ogg" but the actual player
does not use this false information and still ends up using the
correct decoder.

- Jussi